Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just a few words....

I am simply feeling empty tonight - spent, ehausted, worn out. It's amazing to me how just a few simple words can either give you the energy you need to get to the next step, or suck the life from you.... For me this weekend, these words have had some surprising sources.

As I deal with the aftermath of decisions made, I am grateful for my friends, for their listening ears and compassionate hearts. I am grateful for the friend that called me out on some things today. However, we did not have the opportunity to go into any further discussion of her wisdom, so I am left to ponder this without further insight. I am hoping that we will have time to discuss this over the course of the week.

In unrelated news, I spoke with my former boss this afternoon via chat. She initiated the contact, which meant alot. We chatted about the recent changes in the office - a flood and subsequent remodel, changes in staffing - and some personal stuff. She and I used to be friends, and when she became my boss, it was a rough transition for both of us, especially when I fell short in performing my increased job duties. A month or so ago, I emailed her, asking her if we could get together for lunch or coffee or something. I didn't hear from her, til today. She explained some things from her side, understood mine, and as I prayed about this more than a month ago, I think we may be able to bridge the gap and become friends again. Perhaps not as close as we once were, but I am glad that some steps have been made, on both parts, to reconcile our relationship.

I am looking forward to seeing where God takes this. Maybe no further then here. But it's nice to know, in times like this, that healing can happen. It gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment